Falling back | The Life of K: Falling back

Monday, November 7, 2011

Falling back

The fall time change used to mean an extra hour of sleep. Not anymore!

I'm not sure if us going out Saturday night (the night the clock's changed) threw us off or what but today everything felt off. Yesterday wasn't so bad but we all had naps and that helped. Today was J's day off but we hardly saw him. Instead of hanging out together, he took the car in to get it rust-proofed and I took the kids to see my parents.

Our visit was a gong show. Baby K fell asleep in the car on the way there so I left her to nap while Little J chased their dog around the front yard. The dog was running around and must have twisted her ankle because she was limping and obviously in pain. Enough that my dad called the vet and took her in. She's fine and came home with some pain killers.

Baby K woke up and was not happy. She was super clingy and cried when I was out of sight. Nothing like peeing while your baby screams for you. I'm not sure if she was just tired despite the nap in the car, or her teeth are bothering her, or if it was something else entirely. Thankfully she seemed fine after another nap on the car ride home.

While we were at my parents Little J smashed his head on the coffee table. It was the strangest thing: he was just standing near the table looking at a book and all of a sudden he had smacked his head. He has a 2-inch red line that I'm sure will bruise on his neck right under his ear (near his jaw kinda). He screamed and screamed and screamed. Baby K joined in but thankfully was content on the couch beside me while I rocked Little J. He was a trooper and his neck doesn't seem to be bothering him.

I'm sure my parents were relieved to see us go. What a morning.

This afternoon was really nice with warm weather, leaves for Little J to jump in and neighbour friends to play with. Baby K reminded us that she's not a little baby anymore by helping herself to snacks, reaching in to the container and grabbing puffs herself while standing. Such a big girl.

I'm glad everyone was happy because by 4:30 it felt like 6pm and I was ready for dinner and bed. I manned up and lasted through dinner and bedtime for the kids, nursed Baby K for almost an hour, and now I get to sleep. Maybe I'll feel back to normal tomorrow. Did the time change throw you off?

No comments:

Post a Comment