One of those weeks... | The Life of K: One of those weeks...

Monday, December 6, 2010

One of those weeks...

"One of those days" turned into "one of those weeks" which is too bad because some great stuff happened last week even though I was pretty grumpy.

I was pretty social and I would hate to miss telling you about all my fun things just because work sucked for a few days. Let's start with work and get that out of the way. Monday I was just grumpy because it was Monday. Tuesday I had a big meeting with my group, my manager, the director and the director general. Basically, my boss and two bigger bosses. And I got chewed out for not having something done. Something that I don't know how to do. I don't know how to do things because my coworkers are too busy to train me. Go ahead, yell at me. After some venting and making sure I wasn't blowing things out of proportion, I felt better.

Wednesday morning started super early when Baby J decided he'd had enough sleep. It was mega early and I already hadn't slept well. I took it as a sign to stay home and catch up on my sleep. I dropped Baby J at daycare and came home and slept for 5 hours. It was weird waking up at noon. It was already bright out and I didn't have anyone to feed other than me. I took the rest of the day to clean the house. I was so productive and felt really good about things. Funny how getting some solid sleep can change your outlook.

Thanks to all that sleep, I was able to survive our annual baseball team potluck Christmas party. It was strange to not eat dinner until well after 7pm, but it was really nice to see the team again. We had amazing food and a fun gift exchange. Last year, three of us had our picture taken holding our babies. This year, the same two girls and me had our picture taken with our baby bumps.

Thursday night I went to one of those home selling parties. It was for wall decals and was interesting, but J and I are so not ready to pay a bunch for "art" that can't be reapplied if/when we decide to paint. I drank my water, ate the cookies and talked to the people there. It was a group of girls whose kids go to the same daycare as Baby J. It's a nice little group and I'm glad to have this side bonus from daycare.

Friday I wasn't social and had a great time lounging on the couch in my comfy clothes. Skip to Sunday (because Saturday was much the same) when we went to brunch at J&C's house. Their place was packed with couples with babies and toddlers. The food was good and Baby J loved the set up in the basement including a ramp and slide and tons of toys. He crashed eventually so we headed home. I had to bake a million cookies for my first cookie exchange of the season. That was in the afternoon. It was fun and I did my best to not stuff myself full of sugar... is 6 cookies too much? I didn't think so.

Now it's Monday again and I'm happy with my weekend. I don't feel like I wasted my days off work, though these 5 days can go quickly so I can get to the next weekend. I totally wouldn't mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment