So much, too much | The Life of K: So much, too much

Saturday, July 31, 2010

So much, too much

It's been so long since I've had time to post that so much has happened I'm not even sure where to start. Whenever this happens I tend to fall back on a chronological relating of events. I hope you don't mind.

So two weeks ago, I went back to work and Baby J went to daycare. It went pretty well except the plague that befell the house. My first week I went home early Monday and stayed home Wednesday.

Baby J lasted all week at daycare but when we picked him up Friday, both of us because J didn't bike that day, he was hot to the touch. The provider said he was obviously teething.

We spent all of last weekend getting by. It was pretty awful. I felt like crap. Baby J obviously felt like crap. And J was just trying to keep us alive. Dramatic, but that's what it felt like. Seriously my pounding head couldn't take the constant, and I mean non-stop, screaming. Baby J wouldn't sleep, hardly ate and left scorch marks on everything he touched.

I decided to take him to see the doctor Monday. Of course our doctor started her holidays and the walk in clinic I went to wasn't seeing walk in patients (huh?) I finally got in to see a doctor who diagnosed an ear infection. One last stop to pick up his prescription and we were on our way home.

I was so happy when the drugs did their thing and Baby J slept. I held my head on the couch. Because of the fever, J stayed home Tuesday and by the time I got home from work, Baby J was covered in a rash. We spent another 2 hours at a clinic to find out that Baby J reacted to the drugs. This time I was smart and asked the doctor about my symptoms. Since when does a cold hang around for 2 weeks? Since it's a sinus infection. Another two prescriptions.

I stayed home Wednesday to make sure Baby J didn't react to the new drugs - he didn't. By Thursday, Baby J gave us a smile for the first time since the previous Thursday. A whole week without a smile. It was awful. Thursday my happy baby was back and we were back at work and daycare. It's nice to feel healthy.

Well, almost healthy.

1 comment:

  1. oh my heck what an awful couple of weeks!! I hope that everything improves next week!