Social baby | The Life of K: Social baby

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Social baby

It's hard to blog when my days are so alike. I feel like I don't do anything exciting, anything worthy of writing about, on a day-to-day basis. Then I realize that we've been doing things and seeing people and that is worthy of a post.

A couple of weekends ago, we took our little man out to a party with my baseball team. It was the year-end party and I wasn't sure I should go, not having played this season, but I was asked to come and bring Baby J. So we went and it was a bit of an adventure. All the girls liked him and it was nice to catch up with them, but we stayed too long and since I'm not comfortable feeding the kid anywhere other than home, we left it too long and we had a cranky baby and a miserable J trying to change him and feed him while he was screaming as loud as he could. Thankfully that's not very loud. Yet.

On the way home Baby J screamed until he fell asleep. I felt terrible for letting my boys down - starving my baby and making my best friend upset. It wasn't the best way to end a good night, though it was a learning experience.

Last weekend we went to a housewarming party with J's work friends. A week makes a difference and I was able to feed the baby while we were there. We avoided the meltdown of the previous week. He stayed awake the entire party. I think he liked all the attention and one of the girls wanted to take him home.

He's not always awake when people come over though. He tends to sleep and we'll put him in his swing or bouncer and not realize that people might want to hold him. Oops! J's aunt and uncle from out of town and his sister, SJ, have all been over recently and so have my parents.

We've also been using the stroller lots, getting out of the house, mostly doing walks that take us by the mailbox. I'm anxiously awaiting some kind of paperwork from the government for my employment insurance. Without it, I don't get paid by my work. We've been dipping into our savings since I've been off work, but it's okay. It will get figured out eventually.

Yesterday we went to an appointment with the midwife. She said Baby J is looking good and we were surprised to find out that he's growing like a weed and is now over 9 pounds. He's going through a growth spurt and wants to eat all the time. I was happy to hear that growth spurts last only a week. I can't wait until he's back to regular growing and eating.

This weekend we're taking our social baby to Kingston for a wedding. This is the third Thanksgiving in a row that we have a wedding. It will be our first road trip as a family of three. I want to get out and do things to avoid the same thing day in day out so is it weird that I'm starting to get a little nervous?

No comments:

Post a Comment